{{ location.label }}
{{ location.label }}
Where are you flying from?
Where are you flying to?
When are you leaving?
Wow, you love travelling! Unfortunately we can only deal with up to 10 airports at a time...
Please choose a date in the future. When we offer time travel we’ll let you know.
Time traveller, eh? Please make sure your return date is after your departure date.
We can only deal with flights within the next 12 months, you’re way more organised than us.
Search to anywhere cannot be combined with specific dates.

Air Asia baggage allowance

Back to news

Fotolia_20835796_XS.jpg

We continue our informative series of articles on the baggage policy of various airlines.

In today's post we take a look at an enormously popular Asian low-cost airline – Air Asia

Air Asia cabin baggage

The cabin baggage allowance of Air Asia is generous for a low-budget carrier. One is permitted to carry on board one piece of baggage not exceeding 56cm X 36cm X 23cm and weighing up to 7kg.

In addition to it, one is allowed to have ONE of the following things:

• 1 laptop in a laptop bag
  • 1 handbag
  • 1 small musical instrument (up to 56cm X 36cm X 23cm and 7kg)

Air Asia checked baggage

The checked baggage allowance is not included in the base fare. If you travel with checked baggage, we suggest to purchase your allowance online as you can save up to 50% compared to the airport charges.

You may purchase a minimum of 15 kg and upgrade it using the supersize option:

Supersize Regular 15 kg
Supersize Medium 20 kg
Supersize Large 25 kg
Supersize Extra Large 30 kg

The baggage fees vary depending on the airport of departure and destination. We will give you an example – the baggage fees on the popular London – Kuala Lumpur route:

When prebooking your baggage you are charged:

Supersize Regular £13
Supersize Medium £16
Supersize Large £22
Supersize Xtra Large £25

Comments

• Priyani

about 2 weeks ago

Hi I'm planning to fly from Colombo to Melbourne.How many lagged can carry.,if it payable, how it's goes pls

• K.c.satapathy

about 4 weeks ago

I and wife will be going kualumpur by air asia. I understand baggage is 7kg each. Can we take one baggage having 12kg weight besides a hand bag of 2 kg.?

• Anne

about 1 month ago

I have 40 baggage allowance, and I have only 1 piece bag 35kls only, is it ok 1bag only. Thanks

• P.Oconnor

about 1 month ago

I am travelling from Perth to Siem Reap with Air Asia on 30th August. I booked my flight last March. Please tell me how much weight is allowed in my checked baggage and also if the cost is extra to price I paid for flight when booking.

• P.Oconnor

about 1 month ago

I am travelling from Perth to Siem Reap on 30th August. I oozed my flight last March. Please tell me how much weight is allowed in my checked baggage and also if the cost is extra to price I paid for flight when booking.

• thapa indu

about 2 months ago

baggage fee are free or what?i didnot understand that
    if i pay ticket prize then what kg allowence /

• Mohd Afzal Bhat

about 3 months ago

Dear Sir,
    I am traveling from Kuwait try to book air aisa from Delhi to Srinagar. I carry to allow 40 kg .but there no policy in air Asia the same weight must be carried in your domestic flights or not. During live chat they asked me you can carry it.but you have pre-book your baggage. but we go for pre-booking, it increases the total amount during booking. No positive response from live chat or e-message. ambiguous type of writing in website casued great inconvenience to the general public. please clear your policy for baggage to those whos flights are connected to international/domestic fights.

• Cipreano rabago jr

about 5 months ago

Good afternoon po mam\ sir tanong ko lng po kung magkano byad sa magdagdag ng bagahe po,,,15kilos LNG po,,,tnx

• RAJAT

about 5 months ago

AIR ASEA is a low cost airlines which is nothing but a eye wash. They will charge huge for your checked in baggage and the charges you will know only at airport ?

• JAGDISH MEHTA

about 6 months ago

You must declard how much charges for bages of 30kgs you will charg with air Tikit
    Normally indian femily are going with bages.

• Dissatisfied

about 7 months ago

So many people ask the same question about checking in 2 pieces of luggage
    This site sucks

• Joy

about 7 months ago

Hi good morning Sir/Madam
    pls . help me because my flight on April 4 2017 from Hong Kong to manila round trip Z21265 but no luggage how much for 20 kg and how about hand carry thanks much .

• Joy

about 7 months ago

Hi good morning Sir/Madam

• kaushik

about 7 months ago

I had a baggage and I lost it in Airport

• arun

about 7 months ago

Please tell me what is baggage

• JOYDEEP

about 8 months ago

I called to air Asia customer care but more than .30. m wate no any response plz tell me write number

• sengwah yan

about 9 months ago

wil be travelling KL/GOLD COAST am l allowed to check in 2 pieces luggage weight 25kg.which is my purchased baggage weight

• Shikha

about 10 months ago

Hi
    I already book my ticket in jan but i didn't know about baggage system i did'nt pay for baggage can u tell me plz how can i pay ?

• Sushma

about 1 year ago

My check in luggage is 25 kgs frm hyderabad to singapore via kuala lumpur. Can i take 2 bags for 25 kgs

• Sushma

about 1 year ago

• Simon Bowden

about 1 year ago

It would seem Airasia is now paying for baggage if you book a hotel. Still you get no reply on this site.

• waseem

about 1 year ago

hy sir plz tell me how much luggage one person can carry in airasia?

• aungkyi

about 1 year ago

Baggage Information – Nok Air

• jenny

about 2 years ago

Hi
    I'm flying to Philippines but may baggage is 70kg its ok to buy more allowance baggage?

• Jack

about 2 years ago

What s the bagg allowance for economy class Bkk to Changmai

• jade

about 2 years ago

I booked.
    But i bought 20kg for my baggage weight.
    Now i want to change baggage weight.
    How to change? Please help me.

• Anwarul Islam

about 2 years ago

I have never flown by discount airlines. Can you respond to:

1. What is the rate per kilo from Sydney to Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    2. Can I book my luggage Sydney to Dhaka?. Is there any additional charge for transfer of luggage at KL.
    3. How much a lunch or dinner cost?

• Ragnheidur Vikingsdottir

about 2 years ago

Hi
    We are flying from Bangkok to Koh Samui, what is the cost for 20 kg. baggage

• Ray

about 2 years ago

Can I purchase more than 30 kilo on luggage?

• Alison Mitchard

about 3 years ago

I am flying to Bali on next Saturday with AirAsia and am not sure what weight baggage I have paid for. How do I find out - the amounts do not add up to the amount that you quote on the website. I would grateful of some advice. Thanks.

• Brinda

about 3 years ago

Please can u help me with buying more allowance for our return flight on the 25 th feb from bali to perth ..,