{{ location.label }}
{{ location.label }}
Where are you flying from?
Where are you flying to?
When are you leaving?
Wow, you love travelling! Unfortunately we can only deal with up to 10 airports at a time...
Please choose a date in the future. When we offer time travel we’ll let you know.
Time traveller, eh? Please make sure your return date is after your departure date.
We can only deal with flights within the next 12 months, you’re way more organised than us.
Search to anywhere cannot be combined with specific dates.

Air France baggage allowance 2013

Back to news

How many bags can I take with me on board on Air France flight? How many pieces of luggage can I check in? If this is the kind of questions you're pondering over, then read on.

Let's start off with cabin baggage.

Air France – Hand baggage

When flying with Air France with in Voyageur/Economy class you permitted to take on board 1 piece of hand-baggage which can't exceed the size of 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm (l+w+h). These numbers include, handles pockets and wheels.

This is not all. You are also permitted to carry with you 1 personal item. A handbag, notebook or camera are examples of such an item. Remember that the total weight of hand baggage (12 kg) includes also your personal item.

Air France – Checked baggage

When it comes to checked baggage, we can simplify the whole thing and say that there are by and large two possibilities:

1. On shorter flights you may either buy a mini price ticket and pay for your baggage (€15 online/€30 at the airport) or classic price and have your baggage included in the ticket price. The above applies to flights withing France and Europe and between Europe and North-Africa/Israel. The allowance is 1 piece of luggage weighing 23 kg.
  2. On long-distance flight you are mostly entitled to one piece of baggage (maximum 23 kg) which is included in the ticket price. It applies to the routes:
  • Europe – USA/canada
  • Europe – the Middle-East, Asia
  • Europe – Africa
  • USA/Canada – Asia
  • Europe – Mexico/South America

There are some exceptions though. On certain routes the allowance is more generous – 2 bags. If you fly on one of the following routes (see below), find details on the website of Air France.

• from/to Europe or USA/Canada from/to some African airports such as Bamako, Dakar or Luanda.
  • Europe to Quito/Guayaquil
  • flights from Brazil
  • from/to Antananarivo, Dzaoudzi, Moroni and Noumea.
Now you may want to read Air France check-in options

• Atul

about 1 year ago

Dear Friends

Can anyone please tell me- If I have two baggage apart from my check-in and boarding baggage. What are the charges for each baggage.

• RC

about 2 years ago

We are flying v\from RSA to Montreal and have Flying Blue Ivory and Frequence lus card. Are we allowed the two pieces of 23kg per person?

• kathleen

about 2 years ago

Any luggage over 32kg will not be accepted as this is the maximum amount the people carrying them are allowed to carry so be warned.
    As for overbooking unfortunately this is allowed and done by every airline company.

• omari

about 2 years ago

Hi,my wife has a plastic bag about 40kg in a flight London to Kinshasa,the type of her flight ticket is pnf4jx32v.how much do she have to pay in airport? I am waiting for your answer. Best regards.

• Petra

about 3 years ago

you check your flight baggage allowance plus up-to-date costs directly at http://www.airfrance.com/…irfrance.htm

• hello

about 3 years ago

i have two suitcases with my wife about 40 kgs in a flight paris to amsterdam . the type of our flight is mini fare. how much do we have to pay in airport?
    i am waiting for your answer.
    best regards

• S.B.

about 4 years ago

Hello James Rollo,

Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your firsthand experiences with us and other users of our website. I'm sorry to hear about your baggage misadventures. Good luck next time!

• James Rollo

about 4 years ago

I recommend that you put anything important into your carry-on baggage because Air France really have the worst record for losing your checked baggage. 3 times I have flown with them where I had a connecting flight and all 3 times my checked baggage did not arrive at my destination. Once a day later, once 2 days later, and one time it arrived back at my home after I'd returned from the weekend trip! This happens because the culture of the airline is to overbook flights to the extent they often don't check you in until the last possible moment (in case they should have to disappoint a more regular customer later). Then it's too late to board your case, but they don't much care about that because their policy s to fob you off rather than compensate you anyway. Be warned!